Thursday, January 28, 2010

Obsession with Wooden Toys

Recently, I have begun to purchase wooden toys that I feel are pretty educational, whereas Hubby kept those that he felt were not useful in Ian's development.

I started off with a chunky wooden puzzle from Melissa & Doug and it had kept Ian busy for a while. Soon, he has mastered how to put the correct pieces into the puzzle, and so I got more of them in my recent spree at Amazon. 



On top of the puzzles, I also purchased a shape sorting clock.  Although it was meant for 3+ year old children, I simply could not resist the sale price.




See how Ian played with the little blocks...





9 comments:

Sunflower said...

hey I want to get the wooden clock toy for long. I saw that on Amazon but still thinking should I buy. Where did you got yours?

Sunflower said...

Ops just read and saw - recent spree at Amazon.

WaveSurfer said...

Nice M&D toys! May I know where can I get them from?

The Sims Family said...

Wavesurfer, I got them from Amazon.

Sunflower, have you bought yours?

Sunflower said...

Yes just place my order from recent spree in Motherhood forum. They are having sales now. Should get them soon in one or two weeks time.

I just brought another M&D shape toys from Toyr R US. They are also having sales too. 7 bucks cheaper than the usual retail price.

Sunflower said...

Oh yes, forgotten to ask you. You buy straight from Amazon or you join spree like me too.

My recent purchase with Amazon was upsetting. I paid up about 100 over bucks for shipping charge due to one book. Now I join spree for big item but I still buy board book with them. (Now I kiasi...I check the book size and the weight before I order.)

The Sims Family said...

Sunflower,
how was the M&D toys? I rarely join sprees because I find it troublesome to collect from the organisers. I normally ship them in myself.

You did your own spree and paid $100 for a board book? That is a bit ridiculous. Even when I ordered the Jumperoo, I didn't pay so much for shipping.

Sunflower said...

Yes, that's my own mistake. It not a board book but a gaint book. And I was really bitter since then.

Now I join spree to avoid mistake. I just brought some books from Amazon myself and the total cost this round was much reasonable.

Somehow I am addicted to buy things from Amazon.

I haven't collected my toys. Will collect them on next monday.

The Sims Family said...

I agree with you on the addiction to Amazon. :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails