Saturday, August 7, 2010

Shopping At Expo

It was pretty worth going to Expo this weekend, because there were Borders and Metro on sales.  We grabbed some books for Ian, all for $53+ and we received a $10 voucher for our next patronage.


Ian enjoyed flipping through the Big Bug Book and Mighty Machines, as they were both pop-up books.  I had to constantly remind him not to tear the pop-ups off the page!  I wonder how long the books will last with this little curious, rough guy?  (I have also started to buy more paperbacks and hardbacks for him instead of board books, since Ian has displayed some ability to flip through the pages without tearing.)

I happened to see the Scholastic reading line book set, and hence added it to my shopping cart as well.  I was surprised at the simplicity of the books and two of them in the series are pure picture books.


We were at the Metro sale as well, and did not buy many things because it was the usual things on sale.  Crocs was on sale as usual, but as Ian had just upgraded to size 10/11 last week, we decided that there was no hurry to stock up another pair as the previous one lasted him for over a year.  But, most importantly of all, the prices were not compelling enough for us to stock up.  Due to a cranky toddler, I only managed to find a pair of home shorts for Ian for $2.50 (cheaper and better quality than my neighbourhood stores), a nursery rhymes disc for $3, and Hubby got himself a pack of socks and snacks.  I also spotted some anime classic series going for $7.50, but eventually held myself back as I probably would not have the time to watch!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails