Thursday, September 30, 2010

Crafts: Projects for September 2010

For this month, I have slowed down the pace of his projects due to some unforeseen events at home.  Here are what we have done...


Sheep - Found this project from the internet and decided to try it out with Ian.  I cut out the head, tail and legs beforehand, and let Ian paste cotton balls on a paper plate.  In case you are wondering, I helped Ian fill in the gaps between the cotton balls that he pasted.  After that I guided him to paste the other body parts onto the body.



Lion - Another simple project... I cut out a yellow circle beforehand, and drew the face.  I showed Ian how to mix the red and yellow paints to get the orange paint for the lion's mane.  He painted the paper plate first and after it dried, Ian made snippets around the edge of the plate to get the mane.  After that, I guided him to paste the face onto the plate.



Hand Prints -  A 'lazy' project!  I showed Ian how to mix white and blue to get a lighter shade.  After that, I gave him the brush to dab on his palms and paint at his free will.



Resources: 
Artists Helping Children - Paper Plates Crafts
Ramblings of a Crazy Woman

1 comment:

Lisa said...

I just stumbled upon your blog on Blogger and I love the crafts :) so cute. I also just starting blogging about being a new mommy and I think you would also be able to relate. I'd love it if you checked it out and left some feedback!

www.momsinheels.net

I look forward to keeping up with your blog! - Lisa

Related Posts with Thumbnails