Thursday, June 21, 2012

Wow Art: Malay Kite & Canvas Painting

Ian attended 2 more classes in this June holiday, and he thoroughly enjoyed them, especially the canvas painting class.


Malay Kite Making
He got to learn the technique of batik print making.




Canvas Painting - Andy Warhol's pop art
I had been hesitating whether to let Ian try his hands on painting for quite some time, until I saw the results of a friend's daughter who attended it for the first time.  What the heck, I thought, just let him give it a try!  And, the outcome was more than satisfying - it was not just the artwork that he produced (under the teacher's guidance, of course), but the joy that beamed out of his eyes when I fetched him.


I asked Ian for feedback, and he said that he liked the painting class most of all!

And with this, it ended the series of holiday workshops for this time round.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails