Friday, August 29, 2008

Ian Is 5 Months Old


Ian is 5 months old today!

Some interesting stuff on him:
  • Plays with toes, or even put his toes into his mouth
  • Sleeps before midnight till 7am for his feed, then goes back to bed until 10-11am
  • Learning to crawl like a lizard, and can turn his body clockwise/anticlockwise on his tummy
  • Sits with some support
  • Stands with some support
  • Grabs things that are put in front of him, then sometimes, put these things into his mouth
  • Likes to sleep with a pacifier
  • Likes shopping
  • Likes the GD Maths dot cards (he will smile whenever I show him those)
  • Starts to show interest in the food we eat by mimicking our chewing motion
  • Loves to yell to catch our attention

8 comments:

WaveSurfer said...

Interesting to see Ian performing these actions already.

Regarding the GD Maths cards, what were his responses to the different number of dots? Read a little about this but not too sure how it actually works in real life.

The Sims Family said...

He will give a wide smile when he sees those cards

Dreamycat said...

Wow, Ian is 5 months already! I've been reading your blog since Ian was in your tummy..just never comment much. Found your experiences on raising Ian and details on stuff you bought very informative for me. (btw wavesurfer is my hubby). I think he meant, what exactly does showing the cards to him do? is it just something passive for his appreciation of the numbers or he must have a response? We are also interested in the GD method.

The Sims Family said...

Hi dreamycat,
Thanks for following my blog. How did you get to know about this place? :)

Showing the cards is just to teach him the language of Maths, then teach him how to do maths. I'm not sure whether he SHOULD be responding or not, but he does show his joy.

Dreamycat said...

I got here from Charis' mummy's blog but I forgot how I got to know that one. There's another mummy(gev-jo)..whose blog I was following but she deleted her blog suddenly.

Sounds interesting. I have the book 'how to teach your baby to read' but I'll prob start later cos I would have to self-made the cards and there's no time now. >_~

The Sims Family said...

OIC! Thanks for following my blog. :P It's good to start reading the book early, although I haven't read mine! Try to start the words cards from 3-4 months, because they absorb better when they are young.

Dreamycat said...

yar hope to do it as soon as possible. I've read the book but don't wish to spend a fortune buying the ready made cards from the GD programme. :P. I supposed you have started Ian on it? I think you mentioned that you bought the word cards? or are you concentrating on the maths first?

The Sims Family said...

I am doing both English and Maths program together.

Related Posts with Thumbnails