Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Confinement DIY

It has been 4 days since the confinement lady left and I have managed to 'survive' till this day, doing my own confinement. It was good that for the first 2 days, hubby was around at home to help out, which eased me gradually into my 'battle mode' when he went back to work.

We had a lengthy discussion before asking the CL to leave, as he was afraid that I could not cope with a wailing baby and housework. And because I was supposed to be doing confinement, I could not go over to my Mom's place so that she could settle the meals for me (one less burden on my side). Anyhow, without a stranger around in the house, my freedom is back!

Since the first day, I have broken most of the traditional confinement rules, like no touching of water, no bathing, no cold drinks, etc etc. It appears that most gynaes do not advocate doing confinement, and during Mrs Wong's class, she has mentioned that rules like no bathing has no evidence to support it. My gynae also said that there's no truth in the old belief that during confinement, one must eat tons of ginger to get rid of the 'wind'. Anyway, to make myself feel better, I am trying to eat more nutritious food for these last few days.

Counting down to Friday which marks the end of my confinement! (28 days since Ian's birth, no?)

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails