Sunday, June 15, 2008

Tortoise, I'm Not

This morning, I witnessed Ian turning from his back to his side and stayed there! And, he did it for a few times, turning from back to side, side to back, back to side, side to back, and etc. In the past, the most he could do was to turn from his side to his back and become stuck to that position, like an overturned tortoise. Hubby has seen him performing the semi-flips some time ago, but I finally see it today! How come Ian always demonstrates his firsts to his Daddy?

And, we are very puzzled on one thing. When we put Ian parallel and in between us in bed, he would always end up sleeping slanted, by the next morning. And the amazing thing is, his legs will always be pointing to hubby, and happily kicking him away. No matter which side hubby sleeps, Ian will end up with his legs on his Daddy's chest. This morning, he has shifted himself such that the three of us have formed a letter "H". I wonder whether he has a magnet on his legs?

A sleeping baby...

Recently, we also discover that Ian is finally starting to respond to our 'tactics'. When he's contented after a feed, his Daddy will play with him and he will be goo-ing back with a happy look. It is such a joy to see him responding to us with his "ang-goos".

Because Ian likes to be carried to sleep, I find it very tiring to be carrying a 6kg baby for so long in order to pacify him. The wrap which I have is not very practical for an easy popping in and out around the house, so after a long consideration, finally got a sling!

Can this save my sanity?

2 comments:

Dreamycat said...

did the sling worked? because I've been trying to get mine into this sling but he always cries and squirm... :( any tips?

The Sims Family said...

Yes it works. But very tiring on my shoulders. My son falls asleep easily inside.

Maybe you try again another time if he doesn't appear to like it. Most babies like to be 'bounced' around.

Related Posts with Thumbnails