Monday, June 2, 2008

I Have Joined The League of Babywearers!

I have tried to put Ian into the Infantino carrier which we have bought some time ago, but he was struggling inside. Hubby feels that he is still too young for this carrier and his neck is not well-supported. To get away from hussle of using a stroller, I did some online research on slings and found out about baby-wearing. There are raves about using a wrap carrier over slings. I was between a Moby or a Sleepy wrap, and decided to go for the sleepy one in the end, since some reviews say that this is better for our warm climate and also more sturdy.

My sleepy wrap has arrived straight from the States last week. So far, I have "worn" Ian for short trips to my Mom's place and also to shopping centres, and also eaten my lunch with him inside. It's definitely less hassle without a stroller, and not to mention that he behaves better when "worn". And, Ian seems to enjoy being inside because he gets to see the world at a higher angle and it's a cozy place for sleeping. During a grocery trip when he refused to sleep, he was looking around with great curiosity. For my own benefits, I have gotten my hands back! Yeah!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails