Sunday, July 13, 2008

Busy Weekends

I signed up for the refresher course at SSDC and today's lesson was my 4th and last. For the last 2 weekends, I have been deprived of sleep (more than ever) because the lessons were at 10.30am.

What I've been "refreshed":
  • Lesson 1: Introduction to the car make, basic stuff like adjusting the interior fittings, mirrors, how to get into a car safely, circuit driving, outside driving.
  • Lesson 2: Circuit driving, outside driving, vertical parking.
  • Lesson 3: Circuit driving, parking outside with real cars, outside driving.
  • Lesson 4: Opening up the bonnet to check on the engine oil, radiator, windscreen water, etc. and changing tyres, parking, driving on the expressway (took the BKE & SLE), and driving around Woodlands.
The school uses Honda Civic for all their automatic cars, and I must say it had been a thrill to drive such a powerful car. Even while I was on the road, some drivers attempted to "challenge" me by overtaking my car, and then slowing down. But, I was not an easily beaten opponent because I changed lane and sped up to show that driver the powess of the Civic.

I'm quite surprised at the new things that I've learnt from this course. If I were given a second chance to take a driving course, I would have opted for the school instead of a private instructor. One major difference is that the instructors from the school do not scold the students. :) I wonder whether it is because I am a licence holder now?

Hopefully, I will muster more courage to be on the driver seat, and relief my husband of his chauffeuring duties.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails