Friday, July 25, 2008

More BBB!

This week has been 'fruitful', with a new shipment of loots arriving from online shopping...

#1
After a long, long consideration, I finally bought the Fisher Price Rainforest Jumperoo from Amazon. It has been a long-drawn 'battle' to get this item from the States: firstly, the shipping forwarder took wrong measurements (overcharged by 2kg), and that wasted much of my precious time chatting with the CSOs for over one week to get it amended; secondly, it encountered problem with the shipment after I requested to have it shipped to SG. It was a huge relief when the DHL man finally delivered it to my doorsteps yesterday night.

To date, it is the most expensive toy that I have bought for Ian and I must really cut down on my spending. Hubby says enough spent on toys already.

Although hubby was tied down with work even when he was at home, he spent some time (eagerly) assembling the Jumperoo yesterday night. We immediately put Ian inside, and he seemed to enjoy it!

Enjoy the pictures!



The downside of this thing is that Ian's little feet cannot reach the floor, so we have to use a stool or something to put underneath so that he can jump instead of just hang in the air.

#2
New additions to Ian's little library. There was a promotion at Amazon, buy 4 books and get the cheapest one free, and I simply could not resist the offer. I have been striving to read these books to him every night, and hopefully one day, he will start to love books like his mummy.


#3
Finally, something for myself! I have bought yet another carrier - a Babyhawk meitai this time round. It was after a long consideration before I took the splurge, a hefty USD$88.50. The cool thing about Babyhawk is that I get to customise my own carrier from the straps to the prints. I have gotten a reversible one with a floral kimono print on the main side, and an earthy stripes print on the reverse side which hubby can use. (By the way, hubby chose the prints for me.)

I tried it on this morning and have worn it for the whole afternoon, with Ian taking his afternoon beauty sleep inside. And I am not disappointed! I have decided on Babyhawk over other meitai like the Catbird or Kozy, based on rave reviews from the babywearer forums. It is indeed very comfortable, supportive, and well-constructed. I do not feel Ian's weight as much as I do in the other carriers. If I were to list out something that I dislike, it is the long straps, which is something that all meitai users have to deal with.

The packaging

The main side - Kimono Blooms

The reverse side - Earth Stripe

2 comments:

Dreamycat said...

the baby carrier looks really nice. can the straps be adjusted to fit the length of the body?

The Sims Family said...

Yes it can be adjusted.

Related Posts with Thumbnails