Thursday, October 1, 2009

The Beginning of A New Journey

Yesterday, I have finally bade farewell to my company of 7 years, after rounds of debates and contemplations.  It was for the good of our family, to take Ian home for some discipline and also in the hope of helping him to learn more things than being at the babysitter's.  It was also for the mental and physical well-being of both hubby and I, for me to take a break from the stressful work and to play a greater part in taking care of the household. 

My last day at work was a hectic one, as I had to uninstall all the softwares that did not come with the laptop, wipe out my personal data, reset the user profiles, backup my emails, say goodbyes to my users and my good colleagues, and lastly, to rush back to the headquarters to return my assets and get the clearance forms signed.

Today marks the beginning of a new chapter in our family, as I converts to a full-time home-maker.  For the time-being, I will take a short break to rejuvenate myself, while gradually adapting to my new lifestyle.

2 comments:

Sunflower said...

Gratz. Welcome you to SAHM club!

I am sure your son Ian will benefit alot from you being at home!

The Sims Family said...

Thanks! Sure hope he will 'improve'. :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails