Friday, December 31, 2010

Crafts: Projects for December 2010

Paper Plate Pig - Yet another piggy project we had done together, after the disastrous 3D one that we did a few months ago.  I had also wanted to remind Ian the effect of mixing white and red colours.  Ian painted the 2 paper plates, after which I traced out the ears, nose and legs for him to cut out.  When the paint had dried, I showed him how to paste the parts together, and helped to draw the eyes and nostrils, and put on the tail.





Paper Plate Frog - I had originally intended to make a crown with Ian, and since there were some leftover yellow paint afterwards, I mixed a little bit of blue paint to turn it green.  I wonder whether this mixing had registered in Ian's mind, as it was not our first attempt?  Ian had more fun with painting yet another paper plate.  After the paint had dried, I traced out his little hand and did the cutting as it might be tough for him.  He got to paste the legs and eyes, while I helped him with the chenille stem as it was tricky to make it stay in place. 




Santa Claus Hat - A craft that we did out of a whim on Christmas morning.   I thought that it was pretty boring for Ian to be idling on this day and quickly found this neat craft from the internet.  First, I made a cone out of a piece of red construction paper and stapled it in place.  Then, I cut out the face and belt.  Ian got to paste on the face and I helped with the belt as it was a little challenging for him.  We used the leftover cotton wool (since Ian was born) to make Santa's little hat and beard.  He enjoyed pasting the wool onto the face.  It was kind of regrettable that the hat was a tad too small for Ian to wear properly, but that was the largest piece of red construction paper we had at home.  Nevertheless, he loved his new little hat!


No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails