Saturday, June 18, 2011

Weekly Checkup: Week 37

Another long wait today.  Even though we booked the last appointment at 12pm, we only entered the room after 2pm and had to wait for a while. 

This week, I did not gain much weight myself, but our baby girl has grown to 3.1kg.  Dr commented that she had surpassed her big brother!  She did a quick cervix check and said that our girl was still not ready to come out.

Since I was experiencing frequent BH contractions, I asked Dr how would I differentiate BH from the real contractions.  She mentioned that the real thing would feel like hardening of the tummy, and the pain would be at the lower abdominal area, and would be much more painful than the usual menses-like crampy feeling that I had been experiencing.  It would come and go, and I would definitely tell the difference.  Being a second-time mummy did not seem to help me in knowing when was the real contractions, because the last time round, everything happened so quickly (from waterbag leaking in the middle of the night, to the sudden intensifying of the pain, and to delivery).

Since Ian was delivered in the 37th weeks at 3.1kg, our girl had surpassed all of her big brother's records.  I had been starting to feel the stretching and expansion of the tummy as though it was my first pregnancy, and sadly, new stretch marks seemed to have formed. :(  Because of the experience with Ian, I think I am getting a phobia of going to bed, just in case the waterbag leaks again in my sleep... :(

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails