Saturday, June 11, 2011

Weekly Checkup: Week 36

It was a long wait today, because Dr had to attend to a delivery (or was it more than one?) and we only managed to see her at almost 11am, even though our appointment was at 9am.  From this checkup onwards, I had to clear the Strep B test and also do internal examinations.  After checking, Dr told me "3 weeks" with a smile.  I was a bit stunned at first.  Did she meant she was predicting another 3 weeks before I would deliver?  Anyway, I did not ask.  She said that baby's head was in the correct position, but not yet engaged, and my cervix had not ripened too.

The estimated weight of our baby was 2.8kg, which was just as we had guessed (about 250g gain every week).  As for my own weight, it was 57kg.  That meant most of the weight I had gained had gone to our baby?  Some people had asked me why I did not gain much weight until now, and my reply would always be "how to gain with a super active kid like Ian?"!

Since 37 weeks is considered to be full-term for a pregnancy, we are now expecting our girl to come any time... And thanks to Hubby, who has relieved me of my chauffeuring duties since the beginning of week 36.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails