Monday, December 19, 2011

Ian, Wow, Art

It was an official closure day for Ian's school today, and I had signed him up for a holiday workshop at WowArt Studio, after learning about it from a friend.  It was $38 for one lesson (1 hour 15 mins).

Yesterday afternoon, Hubby had brought me around the area for me get a little more familiarized.  This morning, after dropping Hubby off at work, the 3 of us headed directly to the studio although it was a little early.  It was drizzling, so I could not park at the open carpark outside, even though it was very empty.  Instead, I tried to park into the basement carpark.  I was not sure whether it was open to visitors, and caught a fellow motorist around to ask.  She was not sure whether it was open to guests but she had been parking there for an hour anyway.  And the strange thing was, the barrier was up, meaning that she could exit without paying.  Anyway, I just parked there as well, and brought the children up.

There were only 3 children in this class, which I liked for the small group.  In the class, the teacher taught them how to knead clay, and they had to cut out some shapes using dough cutter.  As expected of Ian, after he finished a shape, he would crush it up and do it all over again.  The teacher had to remind him not to do that again after he had finished another one.  She also helped to put the finished product aside so that he could not do it. 

After Ian had settled down in the class, I went out with Isabelle back to the carpark.  The carpark attendant was back, and she said she would help me with the barrier later when I needed to exit.  There was a Sheng Shiong supermarket and I walked around.  It was pretty cold, so I just grabbed myself a bottle of drink and returned to the studio to wait for Ian.

When I returned, Ian had already finished painting the clay model and they were doing free painting.  When I saw his "abstract art", I thought that hmm, I had better enrol him in some art classes soon.  I guess painting/drawing is not his forte, at this stage.

Here was Ian's finished product, though I was not sure how much of it was done by the teacher...


I had asked him on the way home on the class, and he told me that he liked going there, and asked me to bring him back again. 

As for the carpark, the attendant charged me 1 hour 1 minute, $1.90. 

We had originally wanted to meet up with Hubby for lunch, but unfortunately, he had been called away for a business lunch.  Hence, we bought takeaway lunch from the drive-through Macs.  It was Ian's favourite food and he kept bugging me to give him the fries on the way back.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails