Thursday, May 31, 2012

New Food Introduced @ 10 Months

After the scare last month (rashes all over Isabelle's body), we slowly introduced new things back into her diet. What we had added this month:


  • Fish Oil - Left: Nordic Naturals Baby's DHA for Isabelle.  (On the right: Children's DHA for Ian.)



  • Wheatgerm - A very nutritious grain filled with fiber, iron, magnesium, manganese, protein, omega-2 fatty acids, phosphorus, potassium, selenium, vitamin E, zinc, B vitamins, and calcium.  I had bought a packet of this about 2-3 months back and kept it in the freezer until I could find a good time to introduce to our girl.

  • Beetroot - Another super nutritious food, filled with fiber, antioxidant, iron and vitamins A, B, C, and other minerals.  It was a regret that I did not manage to include this super food into Ian's diet when he was younger.  
Beetroot puree in porridge

 Beetroot stained lips... just like wearing lipstick?

Good thing that she loved the beetroot.  It looked yucky to me!

I had also started to let her share my food (she was always glaring hungrily at my food), such as bread, rice, and the milder tonic soups from my Mom, like si shen soup, wolfberries soup, and sheng di tu fu soup that was meant for detoxifying.

I had also introduced the egg yolk back into her diet.  Thankfully, there had been no adverse reaction this time.

Other supplements that she had been taking: Childlife vitamin C and multivitamins, probiotics with colostrum,  and Eu Yan Sang Si Shen Powder.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails