Wednesday, October 24, 2012

(10/2012) My Sewing Projects

Recently, I took out my sewing machine from cold storage and started to make some little things for my kids.

#1 - Ian's bag for his music class just happened to have a big hole at the bottom, and hence, decided to make a bag for him first, with his favourite character.  I am lamenting now that I did not fussy cut the fabric to centralise the big McQueen. This is a reversible tote which is totally black on the inside. One day, should Ian grow sick of the character, he can flip it inside out and use it as a black tote.



#2 - An upcycling project, made of a stained maternity tee-shirt and a new tank tee that could not fit Ian at all.  I turned them into a peasant dress with a sash for Isabelle.  Due to my limited experience in cutting out the fabric pieces without using any pattern, the shoulder turns out quite fitting as of now.


#3 - A reversible sun-hat for Ian.  He is outgrowing the Mickey cap that we had gotten for him in HK Disneyland, and so I made this hat with two of his favourite characters - McQueen and Thomas!  This project also utilized the last of my black twill that I had purchased from Spotlight a few years ago!



The hat was made using the tutorial from Martha Stewart if anyone is interested to try.


#4 - A picnic mat that turned out a little smaller than expected.  I used a Premier Print zigzag twill fabric for the top, fused with a fleece interfacing to give it a little cushion, and a PUL fabric as a waterproof bottom.




No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails