Sunday, February 24, 2008

Having 'Twins'!

There's a baby in the womb, and another in my right thigh! It has become increasingly difficult to walk, and the nature of my job requires me to lug a laptop and go around. :( Why didn't I strike Toto? Or else I could have redeemed myself!

Was worried over the last 2 days because baby has not been very active, and I have been experiencing stomach pains and also a feeling similar to 'that time of the month'. Luckily, he resumed his activeness this afternoon and has been kicking almost non-stop during the prenatal class. It is rather painful when he kicks me at my left side, but I would rather that he kicks hard so that I know he is doing well inside.

Anyway, today was the first prenatal class held at AMK hub, because the hospital is under renovation. The good thing was that AMK is so much nearer to our house and parking at the multi-storey carparks is free. It is convenient to go grocery shopping too. However, we need to sanitize our hands before entering the room, there's no speakers and refreshments aren't as plentiful as before.

We learnt how to handle baby - from coaxing a crying baby, doing first-aid in case baby gets choked, how to bathe baby, wrap a diaper. All along, I had thought that we should test the water temperature for bathing with an elbow, but WRONG - Mrs Wong explained that the elbow is an area that we don't wash often and isn't very sensitive too. The wrist should be the correct part. Hubby seemed to have understood the lesson well - great! I shall rely on you, lao gong!

She also shared some horror stories with how some ignorant maids and confinement ladies handled the baby wrongly. I think I will need to monitor the confinement lady when she's here. If she's not up to the hygiene level, shall have to bid her farewell in advance!

I also got to ask her about drinking coconut juice in the 8th month. She said that some people drink it everyday - any young coconut will do. I think to be on the safe side, I will only drink it occasionally. :)

Oh yes! We have finished washing all the baby laundry! The clothes, diapers, etc, have been folded into the drawers, and I have also started to pack some stuff into the hospital bag. Wonder how soon will we need to activate this bag?

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails