Sunday, February 10, 2008

Gong Xi Fa Cai

Here's wishing everyone a happy & prosperous Rat year! And I have already reached the big "3" figure - my 30th week of pregnancy! Another 8 more weeks to go...and we have yet to name our child.

This year is a little different for me because I have to watch my diet! However, I have succumbed more than once to the temptations of the pineapple tarts from Pine Garden, bah kwa, cashew nuts, fish ball crackers, love letters, seaweed peanuts, etc. As of this morning, I have hit the 58kg mark!!! Need to cut down!!!

It is good that we have bought most of the things we need for our new addition to the family, because fatigue is visiting me more and more often. And not to mention the additional weight that I have to carry in front.

Our boy kicks quite hard at times, such that I have to stop what I am doing until the pain subsides. Sometimes, the feeling is as though my organs are going to burst. I have learnt to take small, frequent meals and so far so good - I have not been getting heartburns so often. Besides his little kicks, I can also feel his sommersaults within. There are times when a little bump protrudes from beneath, and we wonder which part of his body that could be. His bums? Hehehe..


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~



Recent buys (mousey collectibles) for our little Mickey - little souvenirs for his year of birth:

1. Festive Ang Pow coin set from Singapore Mint - uncirculated coins from 5 cents to $5, all minted in 2008.



2. $1 Rat year gold coin from Singapore mint. Mintage 3000pcs.


3. Zodiac stamps from Singapore Post, issued on 18 Jan 08. Clockwise: Rat year angpow pack, collector's sheet ($5 & $10 stamps) with a hologram morphing effect, first-day cover with a complete set of 3 stamps (1st local, 65c, $1.10).


No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails