Monday, July 6, 2009

Ian Is 15 Months Old

On 3rd July, we brought Ian back to Dr Ong for his MMR vaccine. Ian was at his usual happy self and enjoyed himself watching other kids and running around the clinic. As usual, his Daddy had a tough time chasing after him. His weight was 11.2 kg, as he lost some weight due to his recent episodes of diarrhoea.

We waited quite a while for our turn as the clinic was overwhelmed with newborns who were given priority. When we finally went into the consultation room, Ian was still very cheerful, up to the moment till he felt the pain on his thigh. However, his cries were shortlived as he stopped immediately when Dr Ong gave him a packet of biscuits. Dr commented that our boy was very practical. As usual, Dr advised us to let him take a wide variety of food, and also gave the green light for honey and Marmite/Bovril. Perhaps one day I will have to resort to these taste enhancers to whet Ian's appetite.

After our business was done at the PD, it was my turn to see Dr Tan for my annual checkup. The wait was incredulously long as usual, and Ian ate up the 2 pieces of biscuits given to him earlier on and also drank some milk. Luckily, the clinic had a play area to keep our little rascal entertained. Surprisingly, Dr Tan still remembered Ian's name and even asked to see him since he was outside. Ian was shy initially, but started to smile too in response to Dr's warm smile. She commented it was good that he was active, tall, but not fat.

5 comments:

Sunflower said...

Dont give Marmite/Bovril. Not good?
Any reason why your PD suggest this?

Anyway, I think yr son's weight is ok.

Try give him pasta again which you have tried or this

http://sunflower700.wordpress.com/2009/06/08/fried-mee-tai-mak/

The Sims Family said...

Too saltish, which I agree. :P

I don't know whether there is any health benefit in Marmite/Bovril, but I bought a bottle anyway.

Sunflower said...

Errm I doubt they offer much health benefit.

If you got time, read here

http://idobaby.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=24343&hl=marmite

and http://idobaby.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=19441&hl=marmite

and

http://idobaby.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=28707&hl=bovril

I guess the problem of your son is, he is sick of eating porridge liao thus not eating much. Offer different texture of food will help. Dont give it to Marmite/Bovril first.

Oh thanks for dropping by my blog. I have a few recipes too. Hope it can help you.

The Sims Family said...

Oh thanks for the links! I guess Bovril is ok! Luckily I chose this instead of Marmite. I am refraining from giving it now, and keeping it as a last resort. However, now we have started adding some salt/soy sauce into the porridge to make it tastier. He rejects plain porridge already.

Sunflower said...

I think some salt and soya sauce are fine for your child.

Related Posts with Thumbnails