Sunday, July 19, 2009

Another Shopping Weekend

After Ian's Kindermusik and LNT classes today, we headed down to Robinsons to buy new teats for Ian without knowing whether there was a sale. When we turned into the carpark, we had a feeling that there was no sale since there was no queue to enter.

As Hubby was a little hungry, we had our tea-break at Haagan Daz so as to use up my voucher from Starhub. Ian enjoyed the waffle and chocolate ice-cream very much!

After the ice-cream indulgance, we proceeded to Robinsons to buy whatever we needed. Just before we set our foot inside, we confirmed our suspicion that there was no sale as the store was quite empty. We went in anyway, since we had to get the teats, with or without discount.

Even though the store was quite empty, they did not carry the L-sized teats that we needed! This trip became my personal shopping spree for we left with a pair of wedge pumps for myself. It was on 20% discount, and we had needed to use up another Centrepoint voucher that was going to expire next month. Just after I had paid at the cashier, the cashier informed me that if I was happy with their service, I could 'ring the bell'. I stared at the metal stick that she had pointed to for a few seconds, before I finally figured out what she was trying to tell me. There was a triangle hung up above my head. Anyway, I hit on the triangle using the iron beater which was referred to as a 'bell'. To my pleasant surprise, everyone in the store clapped. It was rather hilarious. Shortly after I left the counter, I heard another chime at the back and another round of applause. Hubby thought that the whole thing looked like an MLM presentation talk. However, it was quite a pleasant idea from the store. This probably made the staff work harder in improving their service.

We headed straight to AMK Hub for an early dinner, to be followed by grocery shopping. We had a pleasant surprise there - there was a huge sale at G2000. There was an additional 25% discount on top of the sale prices. We managed to buy 2 pairs of working pants for $50+, and the total savings reflected in the bill was $60+! It must be the biggest sale we had ever seen at G2000. However, we still did not find the elusive L-sized teats at NTUC!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails