Wednesday, February 20, 2008

31st Week Scan

We took time-off from work yesterday for the 4D scan. It was rather disappointing because our boy was hiding from us. His face was turned towards my back and although Dr Chang tried hard to shake my tummy just to make him rotate, he seemed very happy with his position and stayed there. I turned onto my right-side, hoping that we could take a glimpse from that angle, but our naughty/shy boy used his hands to cover his face! Dr gave up eventually, saying that the 4D scan was not possible. Although it wasn't possible to do the 4D scan, one good thing was that his position was good for delivery (anterior position).

We had other good news from the scan. His weight was estimated at 1.898kg and every aspect was within the normal range. Circumference of head was slightly above the average, though still within the normal range. I told hubby that our baby takes after him for this. Hehe...

After our attempt at the 4D scan, we waited for a while for Dr Tan. We told her about the frequent abdominal pain and she said it was normal, and I may be getting Braxton Hicks contractions up to 20 times a day. She asked if I could take the actual labour pain, cos if I can't take it now then the actual pain will be worse. Well, it wasn't too bad but I guess I would give it a shot at natural. At least I will try!

This time round, she was pleased with my weight and also our baby's weight. (^_^)V My hard work at controlling my diet has paid off!

We collected the hospital admission letter too. Guess things are really getting closer!
Related Posts with Thumbnails