Monday, February 9, 2009

The End of BBB?

My last parcels from the States?

Feb 6 is such an eventful date. 14 lucky souls had a windfall from the Toto, and Borderlinx decided to increase their shipping fees with effect from this date.

I thought it was really good luck that all my items arrived at their DHL base on 5 Feb, and I had avoided paying an extra S$30 on shipping.

However, the year of Ox is indeed not-so-good for my zodiac. One of the parcels came pretty badly damaged and one side was opened. Thankfully, only a case was cracked, but otherwise, the items are in useable shape.

It was also bad luck that Amazon, for the first time, shipped a wrong item. I had ordered the Multigrain cereal, but they shipped the Brown Rice to me. *Sighs* Perhaps, I should be thankful that they did not ship the Oatmeal one to me, because Ian does not really like it. But thumbs up for the service at Amazon, because after I wrote in to them on the mistake, they gave me a full refund for the cereals. That meant, the 6 tins costed only $26 (just shipping). Although I had wanted to give the multigrain cereal to Ian, but for the time being, we will stick to Brown rice.

Thanks to the price hike, is it a good time to stop my BBBs? Or can another shipping company win me over?

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails