Saturday, March 14, 2009

Scrapbooking On A Budget

I thought of starting a scrapbook so as to collect some of the memories of Ian's past one year, and also to organize his photos in a better way.

A couple of weekends ago, I headed down to Spotlight to grab some materials. As a newbie, I just bought some basic materials to get started. I have also gathered a little more from Popular Bookstore as it was convenient to pop by during lunch.

Here are my stash, as of today:
  • Paper pack from Dena Designs/Grant Archival...I thought it was cheap at $5+
  • A few loose pieces of cardstocks from Spotlight
  • A bottle of acid-free craft glue
  • A pack of vellum clovers
  • A pack of alpha stickers
  • A pack of baby-themed stickers
  • A bottle of metallic blue paint from Jones Tones
  • A frame puncher
  • A clover puncher


I managed to finish my first layout from my limited materials and a studio photograph which we have no intention of framing up.


Scrapbooking, I have discovered, is a hobby that is way more expensive than I have imagined. I have more papers, embellishments, punchers on the way. Can't wait to start on the other photos that we have left lying around the house!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails