Monday, March 28, 2011

Field Trip To Changi Airport

Ian's school organised a field trip to Changi Airport, and the teachers requested the company of his Daddy as they felt that he was too active and always running around.  So, Hubby took the morning off from work to chaperone this little naughty boy.

As his teacher required Daddy to sit on the coach with Ian, I had to drive to the airport on my own.  The bus driver did not know which terminal they were going to when Hubby asked him during boarding, so I could only follow the bus from the school to the airport, and it was a tiring drive because the bus was travelling at only 80km/h along the expressway.  In a way, it was good to drive safely with so many preschoolers on board.

I followed the bus all the way to terminal 2, and then went my own way to the carpark.  It was the first time I drove to the terminal 2 carpark (we always parked at terminal 3).  Unfortunately, after parking, I discovered that they had taken the sky train to terminal 3... duh... it was a long walk to the sky train terminal, and I finally caught up with them at terminal 3.

First destination: Viewing gallery....the children were excited to see the airplanes.



We took some time at the gallery, and then moved on.  The teachers had wanted to find the exhibition at the airport, but nobody could remember where it was held, so eventually, we ended up at MacDonalds. As usual, Ian was running and jumping around.  Daddy said it was because I appeared, that was why he started to misbehave. :(





Although the whole school did not participate in this field trip (unlike the Dairy Farm trip that I had gone before with Ian), I thought that it was good that Daddy came along to take him in hand.  We shared a table with 2 other children (who eagerly helped us finished up our fries).  I noticed that Ian was particularly mischievous when he was with another boy, and so I made him sit with his girl classmate for the rest of the meal.  Perhaps more female company would do him good!

After lunch, we got a balloon for Ian (as I had promised him one for behaving) and quickly left, as the other children were starting to ask for it as well from the teachers and other parent volunteers.  It was good that we drove there because we could bring Ian home directly without following the bus back to school.  After driving us home, Hubby went straight to office to work again.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails