Friday, December 28, 2007

Last Scan of The Year!

This morning's appointment with Dr Tan was the last one in 2007. We waited for almost 2 hours before it was our turn. We had overheard that Dr Tan had to do a delivery in the morning, and hence all the appointments were delayed. Well, gotta book either the first or last appointment slot in future, in order to cut down on the waiting time!

After doing her routine checks on the U/S machine, she measured our baby's weight. As of today, he is 680g, which is within the normal range. He was also in the right position - head down and legs up. She seemed pleased too, with my weight gain over the past month - I am now at 54.7kg (before lunch..haha).

I asked her whether there should be any cause for concern if I didn't detect baby's movement for 2 days. She replied that at this stage, not to worry too much. However, I could lie on my left side and gently tap on the right side of the tummy. Another pointer from her was not to rub my tummy too often as it could cause uterus contraction. Even when applying stretch mark cream, I needed to do it gently. She also advised me to do brisk walking and swimming as I would need to exercise. Gosh... I am getting breathless even after a short walk.

See you next year, baby & Doctor!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails