Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Our Long-Awaited Maid...

I wooted this at the beginning of the month, and it seemed a long wait before the DHL courier finally brought our robotic maid to us yesterday afternoon.  We quickly went out to get the local voltage charger and fed it with power for 16 hours.  After putting Ian to bed just now, I eagerly made it perform the very first task for our house...




Verdict:  I had expected it to leave the floor pretty wet, but this is wetter than expected.  Perhaps if I left it to clean the same area, the last cycle would have dried the floor.  It could not reach the corners, but it did a pretty neat job of sucking up long hair and random dirt and dust on the floor.  For the price I had paid ($310), it is good, as it can take away some of the housework from us. 

However, after the robot had completed its task, I had to dismantle the tank, the filter, and the brush cleaning head to clean up.  The water for the first mission was black (showed how dirty our house was).  It was quite a chore to clean up the filter and cleaning head as a lot of hair, dirt, and even bits of papers that Ian tore up, was stuck inside.  After that, I wonder how long it would take to dry up, before it can embark on the next mission?  Perhaps because this is a lower end model, so it could not clean up the whole house.  But, it is good enough for us.  Hopefully, with a cleaner house, Ian and I can stop suffering from allergy-related problems!

As a side note, I have not seen how Ian will react to our new family member. Hopefully, he will not abuse it!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails