Monday, October 18, 2010

Surprises Today

Our little boy gave me many surprises today!

1. When he came back from school, he unbuttoned his uniform without any help from me.  We have been teaching him how to handle buttons for about 2 months, and finally, he did it on his clothes.  Hopefully, this will not turn out to be a one-off event, and he can continue to do that tomorrow and so forth.

2. After his shower, he went to the first-aid box to take a plaster to paste over the little cut on his leg.  Although he has been able to put on a plaster properly (he has even helped to paste one over a mosquito bite on me before), it was a pleasant surprise still when he came to the kitchen with the empty box to throw it away.

3. While I was changing the bedsheets, Ian has become my little helper.  He helped me pull the bedsheet at the other corner of the bed, and took the dirty linens to the laundry basket in the kitchen.  He even helped to place the pillows at their usual places.

4.  Voila!  That is a portrait that he drew while I was not looking.  When I asked who it was, he said "Mommy!".  It was a surprise to me, because it did not look as weird as his previous sketches of our family members.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails