Sunday, October 31, 2010

Crafts: Projects for October 2010

It has been another lazy month for us... anyway, here are what Ian has been doing for this past month...

Paper Plate Fish - We read the book Rainbow Fish and I decided to let Ian create one (the one on the right).  First, he used crayons to colour the fish as he liked, while I helped to divide out a portion for the mouth.  After he has finished his colouring, I let him cut out the tail and he drew the eyes.  I stapled the tail to the body of the fish, then tore out little scraps of aluminum foil that he pasted with glue onto the body of the fish.  We found another piece of paper plate around and he said he wanted to make one more fish, so I let him.  To my surprise, he enjoyed doing this craft which was simple in my opinion.



Frog and Tortoise - I was trying to introduce the concept of mixing yellow and blue paint to get green paint, and to avoid wasting the paint, I let Ian paint the colour onto 2 paper plates.  I had prepared the cut-out legs, eyes and other body parts in advance, and Ian helped to paste the body parts onto the paper plates. 


Pig and Elephant - Ian first painted the 8 paper plates, egg carton, and toilet rolls in pink.  After that, Hubby helped to glue the individual parts together as it was not easy to handle.  This craft was not very successful in my opinion, as perhaps we should have used more plates to make it look more proportionate with the legs.   

The 2nd craft was from Chinese craft book with punch out templates.  Ian helped to attach the body parts of the elephant with glue.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails