Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Vesak Day Dinner

I had forgotten my own lunar birthday, but my Mom remembered it and bought me pig kidney to share with Hubby and Ian.  We collected it and the mee sua that she had prepared, and Hubby cooked it for our dinner.  When Hubby added the egg into the bowl, Ian got excited and kept begging us for the egg, so the egg in the picture below went to Ian's bowl right after I took the photo.




Hubby also cooked Fish and Papaya Soup tonight, for the first time.  The green papaya was extremely hard to find.  We purchased the fish from NTUC last Saturday, but I only managed to find the green papaya from the Chong Pang wet market today.  (This was after our futile search in the nearby wet market and 2 NTUC outlets.) 



Surprisingly, Ian loved this soup!  We would be counting on Hubby to cook it during my confinement! :)

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails